The villa was discovered in 1946 and was built in the middle of the 1st century AD, then modified in the 3rd and 5th centuries. It is one of the largest villas known in France: its buildings stretched over an area of 19 hectares. It had no less than 200 rooms, which enjoyed a certain comfort. Decorated with marble or mosaics, their windows were glazed and they had underfloor heating and running water.The excavations have brought to light the vestiges of the vestibule, the temple, the nymphaeum, several courtyards and many living quarters.The communes included the housing of 500 employees of the forges, a tile-brick factory and a workshop of weaving.
Cette association a été lancée pour créer un lieu de vie et d'activités, et organiser des événements culturels et festifs sur les territoires de la Haute-Garonne et du Comminges. Nous souhaitons ainsi redynamiser le milieu rural en soutenant l’emploi, en renforçant le lien social, et en valorisant l’environnement.